GeoLogismiki, in collaboration with Gregg Drilling Inc. and Prof. Peter Robertson, is pleased to announce the availability of our new Cone Penetration Test based soil liquefaction software, CLiq.
CPT liquefaction software CLiq is more advanced than the CPT section of the current LiqIT software and provides users an easy to use graphical environment specifically tailored for Cone Penetration Test data (CPT and CPTU). Our new soil liquefaction software addresses advanced issues such as cyclic softening in clay-like soils and thin layer/layer transition zone detection. CLiq provides results and plots for each calculation step, starting with the basic CPT data interpretation through to final plots of factor of safety, liquefaction potential index and post-earthquake displacements, both vertical settlement and lateral displacements. CLiq provides consistent output results by applying the state-of-the-art NCEER method (Youd et al, 2001) along with the calibrated procedures for post-earthquake displacements by Zhang et al (2002 & 2004). It also includes the latest assessment procedure developed by Robertson (2009) which is applicable to all soil type combining a check for cyclic liquefaction (sands) and cyclic softening (clays)
A unique 2D feature provides a means of creating colorful contour maps of the overall liquefaction potential index (LPI) and post-earthquake vertical settlements in plan view thus allowing the user to visualize the spatial variation of liquefaction potential and settlements across a site. The variations of calculated post-earthquake settlements across a site allow estimates of differential settlements for a given site and design earthquake.
A parametric analysis feature allows the user to vary both the earthquake magnitude and surface acceleration to evaluate the sensitivity of both the overall liquefaction potential index and post-earthquake settlements as a function of earthquake loading and results are presented in a 3D graphical form.
As with all of our software, all input and output data can be exported to an Microsoft® Excel file type for further manipulation.
Whether you are a current LiqIT registered user or a new user searching for a CPT liquefaction assessment software, we strongly believe that you should try CLiq.
“ CLiq is an excellent program to perform CPT case history-based liquefaction analyses that is easy to use and provides the user with colourful plots and detailed output. The program has the ability to automatically identify and remove transition zones in interlayered deposits for improved analyses. The user can modify a range of key variables to assist in the application of engineering judgment. CLiq is excellent value for money and is highly recommended for anyone that wants to perform liquefaction analyses using the CPT“
– Dr. Peter Robertson, Gregg Drilling and Testing, Inc.
- Concise results based on the Youd et al. (2001) CPT procedure
- Latest assessment procedure based on Robertson (2009) applicable to all soil types (cyclic liquefaction and cyclic softening)
- Additional analysis option according to Boulanger & Idriss (2014), Idriss & Boulanger (2008) or Moss et al. (2006)
- Imports raw CPTU data from any ASCII text file
- Supports input and output in both the SI and Imperial unit systems
- Basic interpretation results based on the comprehensive review by Lunne, Robertson, Powell (1997) and Robertson (2009, 2010)
- Tabular presentation of all steps of the liquefaction assessment procedure
- Graphical presentation of all steps of the liquefaction assessment procedure
- Parametric analysis tool
- 2D plain map creation feature for LPI or vertical settlements
- Analytic reports